Link's residential services offer options to adults with mild to severe levels of mental retardation. Individuals and their families can choose from a variety of service options provided in either a group home settings or from Supported Community Living Services. The goal of all of Link's residential programs is to provide consumers with experiences in independent living and social/leisure activities within their community.
Our admission criteria includes:
• The consumer must be at least 18 years of age and willing to participate in the applicable residential service
• The consumer must be involved in a day program
• Approved funding source for payment
• The consumer may not require a level of care greater than the location is able to provide
• The consumer must have a primary diagnosis of mental retardation, with an IQ of 75 or lower and two deficits in adaptive behavior
• Must be eligible for Medicaid, and have a Medicaid Case Manager if not private pay.
Our priority for admission is based on consideration of the following factors:
• Admission would prevent institutionalization
• Remaining at the present living situation is detrimental to the consumer or their care giver
• The consumer is currently in a state institution or facility outside of Polk County and would benefit from local placement
• The Inter-disciplinary team feels that Link’s program is a better match for the needs of the consumer and family.
For additional information about Link Associates services please select options from the left.